It's time to have the talk...
No, not that talk! Candle safety! Of course, we want you to love our candles, but more importantly, we want you to be safe.
Below you will find great tips to make sure that you get to enjoy your candles safely!
- Never leave a candle unattended and keep within sight at all times
- Extinguish all candles prior to leaving a room or before falling asleep
- Do not burn a candle near or on anything that can catch fire
- Keep burning candles clear of furniture, drapes, bedding, carpets, books, paper, decorations, electronics, etc.
- Keep candles well out of reach away from children and pets
- Keep matches and lighters out of reach of children
- Avoid burning candles in a draft
- Place candles on a stable heat-resistant surface large enough to catch any melting wax
- Place burning candles at least three inches apart from one another
- Avoid moving a burning candle at any time
- Candle containers may be warm to touch or too hot to handle
- Never light a candle if you smell the odor of gas
- A burning candle should not be used as a nightlight
- Trim the wick to 1/4 inch before the first lighting and keep wicks trimmed to 1/4 inch
- Keep the wax melt pool free of any wick trimmings, matches or any flammable material
- A candle should not be burned for more than 4 hours at a time
- Do not burn the candle all the way down and stop use when a 1/2 inch of wax remains
- Candle containers may be too hot to handle or hot to touch, do not handle until it has had time to cool
- Finally, teach everyone in the household about candle burning rules and fire safety